Thursday 16 July 2015

Oh what a night!

Last night I finally got to see a show I have been wanting to see for quite a few years. When I saw it in the theatre brochure I just knew I had to see it. So last night me and my friend Robyn headed to Norwich Theatre Royal to watch Jersey Boys.

Jersey Boys is a show all about Frankie Valli and the four seasons. The real life story of how they came to be and features songs including 'Big Girls Don't Cry', 'Sherry', 'Can't take my eyes off you' and many more.

Last night we saw the 2014/2015 UK tour of the show which was incredible. When I go to see shows I have been wanting to see for a long time I worry they won't be as good as I'm expecting them to be. But last night did not disappoint, the show was so much better than I thought. The actors were incredible, I was really impressed at their vocal range especially the guy who played Frankie. For a show that goes through a large time frame so quickly the small cast did incredibly well. As well as the design crew, the way the lighting and the set just gelled so well together and was able to show the different locations, years and even decades without the need for drastic set changes was very clever.

For anyone thinking about going to see the show I would say do it, wherever it may be whether its this tour, whether its west end, the show was amazing and I really don't think you'd be disappointed. I will certainly be going to see it again if I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment