Saturday 5 September 2015

I've had the night of my life

Last night I went to the theatre, which you know I do quite regularly with my friend Robyn, but last night we took our mums as a late birthday treat. So last night as the title suggests we saw Dirty Dancing. It was incredible, the talent of the whole cast was amazing, and the partnership of Jessie Hart and Lewis Kirk as Johnny and Baby was just as I expected it to be.

My mums favourite film is Dirty Dancing, so I know the storyline well and I'll be honest there were a few scenes I really did wonder how they would do, especially the iconic lake scene, but the director and the creative team had done them so well. The well known songs including I've had the time of my life were there, and you know what I think my only negative of the whole show was that my favourite song 'she's like the wind' was only the instrumental version. Other than that small thing I absolutely loved the show and I highly recommend to everyone if you get chance go and see it, I would certainly go and see it again. It does come with a slight warning though, you'll be singing the songs for days after, or is that just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment